Pokemon Wally Quest
- RHH's Battle-Engine features such as physical/special split, Mega Evolution, and Z-Moves are included.
- All Pokemon, movesets, TMs, and Move Tutors up to Gen VII, including Melmetal, are available.
- There will be more double battles, and Gym Leader and E4 rematches, as well as some boss fights, will be doubles.
- All Pokemon will have perfect IVs to make them stronger.
- NPC opponents will have EVs and natures, making battles more challenging and strategic.
- Gym Guides offer battles for fast leveling, so you can quickly train your Pokemon.
- EV-training NPCs are unlockable through side events, allowing you to easily train your Pokemon's EVs.
- EVs are used as Contest conditions, adding a new level of challenge to these events.
- An ability changer is available in Devon after you obtain the 5th badge, giving you more control over your Pokemon's abilities.
- A soft level cap is in place, preventing your Pokemon from becoming over-leveled.
- Various quality of life improvements have been made to improve your overall gameplay experience.
Get ready to embark on a thrilling adventure in the world of Pokémon with the new ROM hack, Pokemon Wally Quest. Based on the Emerald and ORAS games, this hack features a simple, plot-centric gameplay that revolves around Wally, the iconic character from the original game.
As you explore the vast regions of Hoenn, you’ll encounter a new rival/antagonist and face many challenges along the way. The game also features a variety of sidequests and post-game episodes that will keep you engaged for hours.
One of the unique features of Wally Quest is the catch-them-all subtheme, which adds an extra layer of excitement to the gameplay. As you progress through the game, you’ll encounter new Pokémon and have the opportunity to catch them all.
With its engaging storyline, new gameplay features, and exciting post-game content, Pokemon Wally Quest is a must-play for any Pokémon fan. Join Wally on his quest to save the world and become the ultimate Pokémon trainer!
This ROM hack is an alternate reality with Wally as the protagonist.
- Longer pre-E4 plot up to lv85
- Additional rival/antagonist
- Delta and other post-game “episodes”
- Additional side “quests”, mostly to unlock other Pokemon
- Various adjusted NPC dialogue, e.g. daily egg, and berry givers, Professors
Some interpretations based on questions from the mainstream games:
- What if Maxie and Archie had used the correct Orbs?
- What drove the meteoroid toward Hoenn?
- What did Wally’s dad want to tell Wally after the 5th Gym?
- Gen VIII Pokemon
- Alternate patch with type, stat and move changes
- Difficulty improvements (please feedback)
The main Pokemon changes are regarding evolution. I was/am working on an alternate patch with type/stat/move/ability changes, but decided to keep it simple first.
This ROMhack is intended to be Nuzlocke-able with diversity in each replay, although some battles are not friendly. Prof Oak’s challenges are hindered by the soft-level cap, so recommend adjusting the rules based on that. Single-Pokemon runs are not possible in the current version, as a story point requires more than 1 Pokemon in the party.
This isn’t a difficulty hack, but there are measures to raise the difficulty
- This game has unkind re-interpretations of the antagonists (existing Pokemon characters).
- While I believe I’ve avoided sensitive content, some antagonists’ speeches are intended to irk/may be inappropriate to others
- Some creepypasta is referenced.
The story is dark at times